In SIP, the Remote Party ID header field enables popular services as well as some regulatory and public safety requirements.
These services include the following:
• calling identity delivery
• calling identity delivery blocking
• tracing originator of call
The SIP specification (RFC 2543) supports each of these services independently but cannot support all combinations. For example, a caller who wants to maintain privacy and provides unintelligible information in the SIP From header field will not be identifiable by intermediaries. However, since SIP does not allow the contents of the From header field to be modified by intermediaries, the intermediaries that do not directly perform SIP authentication cannot perform certain services.
• Request for Service with Data (0x002D)
• PPL Event Indication messages (0x0043)
You can configure the SIP stack on the CSP to report Remote Party ID and Remote Party ID Privacy to host applications. The stack disables this functionality by default.
To enable this functionality, set 7 in the SIP Message Information Task (0x027F) TLV when you configure the SIP stack with the VoIP Protocol Configure message (0x00EE).
Follow the steps below and the references to the Trace and API Message that follow.
1. The CSP receives a SIP INVITE message that includes the Remote Party ID header (bold in trace below) and RPID Privacy header (italics in trace below).
2. The CSP sends the SIP Remote Party ID TLV (0x2959) to the host application in the Request for Service with Data (0x002D). See bold text in the Example API message below.
3. The CSP sends the SIP RPID- Privacy ID TLV (0x295A) to the host application in the Request for Service with Data (0x002D). See italic text in the Example API message below.
4. If the contents of the Request for Service with Data (0x002D) message exceeds 512 bytes, the remainder is sent in one or more subsequent Request for Service with Data or PPL Event Indication messages (0x0043).
INVITE sip:firstname.lastname@example.org:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.10.1.2:5060
From: sipp <sip:email@example.com:5060>;tag=1
To: sut <sip:firstname.lastname@example.org:5060>
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Subject: Performance Test
Remote-Party-ID: "John Doe" <sip:email@example.com>;party=calling;id-type=subscriber;privacy=full;screen=yes
o=user1 53655765 2353687637 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
m=audio 10000 RTP/AVP 0